Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Rain

There's nothing quite like storms in Mayapur. They are louder, bigger more awesome than I have ever seen before. The wind howls and pulls the washing off the line and bashes the open windows back and forth. The rain pelts down and drenches you within seconds. The lightning is so bright the whole sky it lit up like a photo-flash (best at night, its so bright its literally like day-time!) and the thunder can sometimes make you jump out of your skin. And then after everything settles and the ground is still wet, the air is cool, and you forget you're in an Indian summer. Seriously, I've never seen storms like the ones here. I love storm season.

Today we had rain. It wasn't a storm though, I hardly felt any wind leading up to it, and the sky didn't get dark like I'm used to. The temperature dropped, and within minutes there was a sudden downpour. It was absolutely beautiful. Ishaan and I went out onto the balcony to watch the rain and within 20 seconds I was literally soaked. Everywhere I looked past the balcony was like a hazy glow... and the rain was refreshing.

Ishaan loved it - he jumped and danced in the rain, sometimes opening his mouth to catch the drops, sometimes lying on his stomach and sliding across the marble balcony like a mini-slip'n slide. What a way to enjoy the weather.

What a fabulous afternoon.









No comments:

Post a Comment