Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Snake in the bed

Disclaimer* There is no photo to accompany this post.

Yes its just as the title suggests, I found a snake in our bed. This is how the story goes...

6am. Ishaan and I had just woke up. I get him brushing his teeth and in the shower, and return back to the bedroom to change the sheets. My mattress is on the ground - no bed - and I yank the white sheet up and un-tucked from the mattress. A few things fall from the sheet - Ishaan's monkey, my pillow and what I thought was a ribbon or piece of rope.

Suddenly out of the corner of my eye, the "rope" started to move!! I looked at it and it stopped. I thought I was going crazy... until it started moving again. Yes - a brown snake, approx 30cm long, slithered its way to the top of the mattress and then underneath. I never saw it again.

That afternoon I got back from work and the maid had put new sheets on the bed and swept and mopped the floor in the bedroom so she either found it, or it is in among my clothes and in my sheets again.

Wait.. so this means that we slept ALL NIGHT with a SNAKE IN OUR BED!! How did it even get in there? Was it poisonous? Why didn't it slither all over us? Oh no, maybe it did!!

Proud to say I didn't even scream.

No comments:

Post a Comment