Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

New Job!

So there's a massive temple being built here in Mayapur - called the Temple of Vedic Planetarium, and its huge. Like I mean amazingly massive. And guess what... I got a job working in the head office. AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

I'm starting out as secretary to the head accountant which should be interesting. I barely passed maths at all in school, yet here I am dreaming of numbers and fractions and Microsoft Excel and formulas I never even knew existed.

As well as the accountant's secretary, I'm helping out with the graphic design and creative arts work. This is fantastic of course, cuz as most of you know thats exactly what I want to study when I get back to NZ next year - Graphic Design. Its good to be working a little in the area now, hopefully that'll get me a step ahead for when I study.

There's a lot to be done, and they just hand me things to do and I do them. Its pretty cruisy. I work for the Managing director, and there are two others in the office with me - the managing directors' secretary sits to the left of me, and the journalist & blog editor Jala sits opposite me. Jala just started here too, she's slightly younger than me, but is a blast to work with. We're always laughing at private jokes, or sending each other messages or web-pages via skype to keep each other enternained. Of course we work as well, but working with the girls here make it lots of fun.

Me on the left, Revati in the middle and Jala on the right,
helping Sadbhuja with some work in his office.

I just started last Tuesday, and I'll update more as life at work goes on. For now I'm just working 10am until 2pm Mon-Fri and enjoying getting to know Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator... and everyone else in the office.

If you want to see a bit more about my work, check out the ToVP website and even a special welcome article about me and Jala here.

No comments:

Post a Comment