Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Hello Manda, Goodbye Manda

At the end of last year, a girl named Mandakini added me on facebook, with a small message: "Your mom has told me a ton about you and im not a weirdo (i think) and im not a fanatic, so we should hang when you get here. there is no one above 25 in mayapur and it would be nice to be with someone my own age. :)"

Now you have to understand that I'm part of a community where we have friends all over the world, and those friends are the kinds of people who, even if you haven't seen them for years and years, they are still your bestest friends and would have you staying on their couch if you needed in the blink of an eye. We're like one big family, and everyone knows everyone, or has heard of everyone.... if that makes sense.

So when Manda emailed me, I wasn't surprised. In fact maybe it was me that added her as a friend, on my mums suggestion. We had a bunch of friends in common, and it'd be great to hang out with her when I got there. In the meantime,we just kept up with each others lives via facebook.

When I got here, I met Mandakini in person... and yaaaay instant kindred spirits. Love her, love her way of thinking, love her view on life, love and everything else in between.



But on Monday she leaves us (BIG sad face) with her parents, bound for Germany. I only just got to know she woman, sheesh. Mani, who lives in the apartment across from Manda, organised a surprise going away party for here, complete with pizza and fizz. About half a dozen of us trooped across, tiptoeing through the lounge into her room....SURPRISE!!


And yes, she cried.

Her parents are coming back in August, but she says if things go well for her in Germany, she will probably stay. (another BIG sad face)

No comments:

Post a Comment