Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Cooking Assessment

So I did it. I cooked and I stressed and I cooked some more and then all of a sudden it was all over.

I arrived at the kitchen at 9.30am and was the last to arrive. It seemed everyone had been there for at least an hour earlier than me and had settle in nicely. I got worried when I realised I was the last, but what could I do, Ishaan had to be at school at 9.15am so I couldn't have come any earlier. By the time I got there, there were very few ingredients left - well at least the ones that I needed. I ended up calling mama and getting her to come down with the veges and other ingredients I needed.

It was a bit of a rush at the end, but I had rice, dal (soup), two different curries, chapatis, pakoras (potato and paneer), a cucumber raita and a fresh lemon drink ready by 1.30pm. When the judges called me in, they were very pleased with what I had made and pleased with the variety of dishes.

It was all very colourful laid out in lovely clay pots across the floor. Every student had made a minimum of 8 dishes (one lady even made 25 dishes - TWENTY FIVE!!) and with 7 students it ended up a beautiful display. We had all invited a few people each to eat everything, and so by 2pm everyone was seated and ready to try our fabulous dishes. The feedback from everyone was amazing, and we were all very pleased with ourselves.

Phew I'm glad today is over!!
Making the last of my chapatis.
A few of these people were the judges
Me nervously (and with a double chin) explaining what I made to the judges.
Some of the dishes (not mine)
The pots to the right had been served out already.
Me co-ordinating what goes next.
Everyone eating to their full satisfaction!

No comments:

Post a Comment