Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Happy birthday lil' bro!

Tomorrow my brother turns 15. Him and I weren't always that close - he was 8 when I moved out of home, and then after I got married him and I were even more distant. I guess we couldn't really relate to each other because there is such a big age gap between us. Don't get me wrong though, I love him to bits of course.

Anyways the last year here has been awesome and him and I have grown a lot closer. Its kinda strange cuz I don't see him every day cuz he's at the boarding school here. We visit every Sunday of course, and I may get to see him at the temple on the odd occasion... share a pizza in the lobby of the lotus building or chat out in the courtyard. Anyone who knows my brother though, knows that he is a man of few words, and when in a conversation with him, he's not the one doing the talking.

He's pretty easy to read though, with his smiles and lit up eyes. Tonight we went down to the school to visit him, armed with delicious pizza, hot chocolate, a big cake and a tub of buttery corn. We sat in the grass outside his school and had a little birthday picnic, complete with a little bonfire (made by Jaya himself) and loudly singing happy birthday for all to hear. Both my dad and sister called from NZ and NYC respectively, and judging by the wide grin on my brothers face, he was super happy with his birthday celebrations.

His face when we sung Happy Birthday to him
Eating hot buttered corn
Mama made pizza.
Big grin on his face cuz he was on the phone to his other sister

No comments:

Post a Comment