Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Ishaans school field trip

This morning I was told to have Ishaan at school ready with his walking shoes on, a warm jacket and a carrot or piece of sugar cane. The first two were obvious - they must be going on a school trip... but it took me a little while to figure out why a carrot or sugar cane. And then i overheard Ishaan telling his momai about learning the letter E at kindy this week, and it clicked. They were going to visit the elephants. A one-of-a-kind school trip.

Here's a few photos from the day, although there aren't actually any of Ishaan close to the elephants.He was probably too scared to get too close to them. In any case you can see how much of an adventurous school trip it was, and how much the kids enjoyed it. He came back talking non-stop about feeding them carrots and sugar cane and potatoes and cabbage leaves.






2 comments:

  1. Radha, can use these lovely pics for my blog, I've already written about this field trip and posted it up, but I didn't take my camera. I was hoping to share it on a science, homeschooling linky, would be better with photos... let me know :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I didn't take them, they were off the 'Mayapur Elephants' facebook page but its fine you can use them! There are a few of Ramai on there as well, I'll send them to you :)

    ReplyDelete