Pages

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to everyone and all... family in Christchurch, in Auckland, New Plymouth, Queenstown, Hamilton... in Australia and New York and India. To friends, best friends, Dinos, neighbours, co-workers, kids and babies. Merry merry Christmas to you all and I hope your day is filled with lots of laughter and smiles.

Now all that mushy stuff is done, here's what we did for Christmas...

Christmas isn't really celebrated here in India. Its on the Bengali calendar and people know about it - they even sell tacky (and I mean REALLY tacky) Christmas trees and tinsel down at the market in Navadwipa... but in general its not really a big thing here and its up to you to celebrate in your own home.

Ishaan and I made snowflakes from white paper and hung them from the ceiling. I thought it fitting considering this year is one of the few times I've been in the winter season for Christmas. I cooked spaghetti with tomato sauce and kofta balls, and peas and potatoes and carrots.. plus Dylan made lemonade and Mandakini made salad and we all sat down for a hearty lunch, just me, Ishaan, Dylan, Mandakini and Veronica. It was fun, informal, delicious and basically just a fabulous time.

Each of us bought a small present, and sat them under the tiny 2" Christmas tree that I had bought from the local market for Rs10. We each pulled a name from a bag, and whosever name you got, you gave your present to that person. It was lots of fun to open up the presents and wish each other Merry Christmas with hugs and smiles.

Ishaan's snuggled up in bed waiting for me to join him so we can end the night watching Elf. I better go..... ...

photos to come

No comments:

Post a Comment